Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why am I running for Kamloops City Council and why should you vote for me?

I’m Susanne Flukinger

I’m a hockey mom, an artistic director, a writer and a business woman. Some people would say I’m a great example of a Kamloops resident – I love sports, the arts and working with people. As a mother of 5, I’ve learned to budget and to know the difference between “wanting” and “needing” an expensive new toy. My strengths are my ability to work well with others, my long-time association with a broad base of Kamloops residents and my experience as a director and producer of one of the city’s largest volunteer events.
My reasons for running as a city councilor are my passions – children, arts, sports and the great way of life we have in this community. I want to be part of a team that works to maintain the lifestyle of Kamloops while continuing to grow the city in a managed way that allows business to flourish and residents to enjoy affordable, healthy and safe environment.

No comments: